DirectAdmin is a reliable and powerful web-based graphical control panel designed for managing web hosting tasks. Some of the features include managing domains and mail accounts,
a simple file manager, SSL certificate installer, use Perl modules, monitor server information, configure cron jobs, Mime types, Apache handlers and more with the easy to use DirectAdmin control panel.
The web hosting environment is constantly evolving but DirectAdmin addresses the most complex solutions of today. Global trends and customer feature requirements are
constantly analysed and ideas are implemented. DirectAdmin takes pride in stability, security, and rapid implementation of new technologies.
DirectAdmin has been in continuous development since 2003.
DirectAdmin provides three levels of access: administrator level, resource level, and user level.
Typically, web hosting customers have access to User Features only, reseller customers have access to Reseller Features and User Features, and administrators have access to all three levels.
DirectAdmin for administrators
- Create / edit administrators and Vendors - Administrators can create, modify, and delete distributors (Resellers) or users.
- Reseller packages - Administrators can create predefined account packages. When creating accounts, the administrator simply
selects the package rather than manually setting up each account.
- Show all users - This feature allows administrators to quickly view each account on the system and sort this list in different ways.
- DNS administration - Allows administrators to create, modify, or delete DNS records on a server.
- IP manager - This is where administrators store user and customer IP addresses.
- Mail management - A tool to view mail alerts and their information. It includes tools to manage this information.
- System / service information - Administrators can view, block, start and restart services such as mail and ftp from this list.
- Overall performance statistics - This gives the administrator an accurate overview of the system’s usage.
- DNS collection - DirectAdmin communicates with other DirectAdmin software and automatically transfers DNS data between them. You also
have the option to check another server for the domain to avoid allowing duplicate domains on the DA network.
- Directadmin spam combat tools - DirectAdmin provides a variety of anti-spam tools such as RSpamd and SpamAssassin.
- Licence renewal - Administrators can view the license status from this list and download the latest securities and DirectAdmin software updates.
- System administrator backup - Generates and restores all users and clients. Attachments can be stored locally or sent via FTP. Nomination events allow you to hold daily, weekly, or monthly referrals.
DirectAdmin for resellers
- Create / list / edit accounts - Quickly and easily create, list, edit, and delete accounts.
- User account - Customers can use this feature to create a defined account. When creating an account, customers simply select a collection rather than manually configure each account feature.
- Buyer statistics - Buyers get all views. Customers can also share the data with the user to quickly assess the whole situation.
- Send messages to all users - Customers can use DirectAdmins integrated ticket support system to quickly send messages to all customers.
- Import / manage projects - This menu feature allows customers to import and use new projects with the click of a button.
- Request IP - Customers can use this listing option to assign an IP address to their customers.
- System / service information - This section gives customers immediate access to the providers status and system information.
- Name tags - Customers can create unique name tags for their customers from this list.
DirectAdmin for hosting users (end users)
- Email management - Users can create POP / IMAP accounts, capture email addresses, senders, mailing lists, autoresponders and web email. Blocks can block users from emailing by region, keyword and size. SpamAssassin and rspamd are user-configured with hard filters available.
- FTP management - Users can create FTP accounts and set directory permissions for each account. Anonymous FTP is supported.
- DNS menu - Users can add and remove records, change MX settings, and do anything related to DNS.
- Statistics menu - Users have the statistics available to their accounts. Success options with a Webalizer are also included.
- Subdomain menu - Allows users to list, create, delete, and remove subdomain statistics.
- File manager - FTP is very flexible and fast. It contains all the features you need to build and manage your website.
- MySQL database - Users can create, edit and delete MySQL databases from this list.
- Website backup - This powerful tool allows users to back up and restore what they need. For example, your account data.
- Error pages - Users can create messages with custom versions with 401, 403, 404, and 500 error codes.
- Password protection - Users can Protect folders with their username and password.
- PHP publisher - Allows the client to select the version of PHP that links to the php extension.
- Advanced tools - Users can enter SSL certificates, view sender information and enter Perl components, configure cron jobs, MIME types, Apache controllers, enable database scripts and local markers.
Like the payment control panel and license application, DirectAdmin is one of the best options you will find. You need a paid control panel (which most hosting companies do) because a free control panel does not provide the security and features you need for most purposes.
This is one of the easiest control panels to use with access to email, administration options, file managers and much more. When you log in, everything is displayed on a single screen. It’s easy to find what you’re looking for in your administrative area.
DirectAdmin general features
- Integrated ticket support system - With DirectAdmins integrated ticket support system, you can provide the best customer services without any issues, you can also configure DirectAdmin with email support requests so you don’t lose them. If you need support assistance in any other way, please turn off this feature.
- Authentication - All DirectAdmin accounts can request two-Factor authentication using the smartphone apps long-term code.
- Plugin system - The DirectAdmin system can be easily delayed. Plugins support the Administrator, Client and User levels.
- Live update - Administrators can click the License / Update button to see the status of their licenses and status. No need to manually remove, uninstall and install, DirectAdmin automatically performs updates.
- All customisation - DirectAdmin is designed to fit your business. You can modify all aspects of the DirectAdmin link and can import new designs from the Skin list.
- Automatic recovery from a crash - DirectAdmin Task Queue ensures that all services are up and running at all times. If something crashes, DirectAdmin will restart the service and try to fix the problem. If this is not achieved, DirectAdmin will immediately notify the administrator by e-mail.
- All licenses are unlimited-domain licenses - There are no limits to the number of domains or user accounts that DirectAdmin can host when you buy their standard plan.
How does DirectAdmin compare to cPanel
The best control panel on the market has recently become DirectAdmin control panel because of affordability and ease of use.
DirectAdmin and cPanel are very similar, yet very different. They both provide a server configuration framework and UI.
DirectAdmin gives you multiple menu options and comparing DirectAdmin and cPanel, DirectAdmin has become the best option.
This battle between these two have been discussed by many on forums, cPanel and DirectAdmin are good options but DirectAdmin is good for beginners and offers more customisation to advanced users.
Our DirectAdmin web hosting includes everything you need to get setup and going, check out all the features above and the option to test out the control panel before you buy!